I often get asked this question, how an earth can children be 'experts' in number agency, when really they are just starting out as learners in this maths business. I think this article by Tim Taylor answers those questions really well.
Casting children as experts in the 'play' does not mean that they are 'expert' they are simply cast in this role. Being cast in this role allows them to 'play' at being responsible, meeting deadlines, solving problems...it allows them to explore tensions and bring about resolution that no child would ever experience in their day to day life. It takes away the role of teacher and child, and very much casts you alongside each other as 'equals' in the play. This I believe is the real power of Mantle of the Expert....and in turn Number Agents.
- Number Agents in a Nutshell
- Mantle of the Expert
- Children and Numbers - My Belief
- What is in the book?
- Learning Through Play
- How to order
- The Villains and The Heroes
- A sample of one days planning filled in
- Teachers Pay Teachers Store
- Sample weekly planner format
- My PDF Products - Available on TPT or Teachers Helping Teachers
- What I love about Number Agents!